A full backside is a coveted feature today, but not every woman is naturally blessed with the curves she wants. Fortunately, there are ways to accentuate the derriere to produce the body contour you desire with natural, long-lasting results. At Rodeo Surgical Art, we see patients daily who are interested in buttock augmentation. That is why we offer different techniques to ensure all our patients can achieve the curvaceous figure they want, including the Brazilian Butt Lift and non-surgical gluteal augmentation. If you are interested in filling out your backside, check out these choices in buttock enhancement at Rodeo Surgical Art.
FAT GRAFTING FOR BUTTOCK AUGMENTATION
Have you ever thought about how exceptional it would be if you could take unwanted fat from one area of the body and add it to another area where you would like to up the volume impact? Now you can, thanks to advances in fat grafting techniques that have led to a procedure known as the Brazilian Butt Lift. This process begins by using liposuction to remove stubborn fat from one area of the body like the abdomen and hips, creating a sleeker contour. Liposuction is performed using tiny incisions that allow for entry of a narrow tube called a cannula into the fat pocket. The cannula loosens the fat and suctions it away, preserving the fat cells for the second step of this procedure.
The removed fat can then be purified and prepared for injection into other areas in need of augmentation, such as the buttocks. Numerous injections are placed strategically into the buttocks to ensure a smooth, even and natural result. Dr. Mashhadian is highly skilled in fat transfer techniques so you can rest assured you will obtain the best possible outcome from your treatment.
PROS AND CONS OF FAT GRAFTING
There are many advantages of this method of buttock augmentation, including:
- Ability to contour one area of the body while augmenting another
- Fat is a natural substance, and taken from your own body there are no worries over rejection or allergic reactions
- Augmentation by injection means no incisions needed and no visible scarring afterward
- The fat cells that “take” in the treatment area should provide long-lasting results
- Recovery time is shorter than more invasive surgical procedures
Despite the many benefits, there are a few drawbacks to fat transfer as well:
- Requires sufficient fat in one area of the body to be able to transfer to the buttocks
- Liposuction is a type of surgery that requires anesthesia and a recovery process Patients must remain off their buttocks for a few weeks to allow the fat time to “take”
- The body will absorb some of the injected fat, altering the results
If you are considering fat grafting for your buttock enhancement, Dr. Mashhadian will go through the benefits and disadvantages with you to determine whether this will be the best procedure for you.
NON-SURGICAL GLUTEAL AUGMENTATION
While fat transfer is an effective method of buttock enhancement for many of our patients, we now offer an alternative procedure that can produce similar results without the need for the liposuction step. Instead of using the patient’s fat, this treatment involves injections of a long-lasting dermal filler called Sculptra. Although the results are not permanent, they can last for many years, giving patients a non-surgical option in buttock augmentation that does not require anesthesia, incisions or downtime.
Dermal fillers like Sculptra are proven anti-wrinkle treatments, smoothing away those telltale lines and wrinkles from the inside out. However, some of these formulations are designed to do much more than merely reduce wrinkles. Sculptra is used to restore youthful volume, with results that last for years, rather than months. Now, Sculptra has been proven to be an effective method of buttock augmentation, offering subtle, gradual effects that last as long as two years. The procedure is completely non-surgical, requires almost no downtime, and produces significant improvement in the backside.
Sculptra is a unique type of filler that contains Poly-L-lactic acid, a substance that is known to promote the body’s production of collagen. Collagen is abundant in the body during the younger years, providing the support the dermal structure needs to maintain a soft, supple complexion. Over time, the body makes less collagen, which leads to skin laxity and the appearance of facial wrinkles.
Lack of collagen in the buttocks can result in a flat, unshapely backside. By injecting Sculptra into the buttocks, the stimulation of additional collagen production can produce fullness and curves to the area over time. The procedure does not require anesthesia or incisions, and the results become apparent soon after the treatment session.
PROS AND CONS OF SCULPTRA
The advantages of choosing Sculptra injections for your buttock augmentation include:
- Non-surgical procedure leaves no visible scarring behind
- There is no anesthesia or downtime associated with Sculptra injections
- You will see the results of your procedure within weeks after your treatment
- Positive results will last up to two years before additional injections are necessary The treatment can be customized to your specifications, injecting just enough Sculptra to produce the desired results
- Excellent choice for patients that do not have sufficient fat to transfer
Like other cosmetic procedures, there are some disadvantages associated with Sculptra as well:
- The results are not permanent, so you will need to repeat your treatment to maintain your enhanced appearance
- Sculptra is limited on how much augmentation it can produce, so your results are likely to be subtle
- Because cost is based on the amount of Sculptra injected, this procedure may prove to be costlier than fat transfer
Dr. Mashhadian will listen carefully to your aesthetic goals to determine which of these procedures will produce the best results for you. Rest assured he has extensive experience in both approaches, so your procedure will be as safe and successful as possible. He will also provide you will all the information necessary to know what to expect from your treatment and your results.