When you look in the mirror, is an older person looking back at you? Do you notice the lines forming around the eyes or mouth, or do your cheeks look a little hollower than they once did? Perhaps you are seeing the early signs of jowling along the jawline that make you look older than you feel. Patients that want to achieve a more youthful appearance but are not ready to consider a surgical procedure may be good candidates for a non-surgical facelift.
Explaining the Procedure
A non-surgical facelift uses a combination of injectable and skin rejuvenation treatments to address specific concerns and produce a refreshed, rejuvenated appearance. This procedure is generally recommended for patients experiencing mild to moderate signs of aging, including the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity resulting in jowl formation
- Loss of facial volume
- Dull skin tone or irregular texture
- Brown spots from sun damage
- Puffy eyes or persistent dark circles under the eyes
Any or all of these concerns can be addressed with the proper combination of treatment options. One of the greatest benefits of a non-surgical facelift is the ability to tailor the procedure precisely to each individual patient. Dr. Mashhadian offers a wide range of treatment options to help his patient achieve all of their aesthetic goals without anesthesia, incisions or significant recovery time.
Consultations available now
Dr. Mashhadian performs a number of different injectable treatments for his patients requesting a non-surgical facelift:
- Restylane – this injectable works on moderate to severe facial wrinkles and may add youthful volume to the lips
- Juvederm – also works on moderate to severe wrinkles, particularly those around the nose and mouth
- Voluma – corrects age-related volume loss in the midface, including the temples and cheeks
- Radiesse – smooths away wrinkles on the lower face and reduces the appearance of early jowling
- BellaFill – a long-lasting filler that works on facial lines and shallow scarring
- Botox – a neuromodulator that relaxes facial muscles that lead to the formation of wrinkles around the forehead and eyes, as well as bands around the neck
With many injectable treatments to choose from, Dr. Mashhadian will help you determine which treatments will meet your needs best. With the exception of BellaFill, most of these treatments are only designed to work for a matter of months before a subsequent treatment is needed to maintain results. BellaFill has been shown to work for a minimum of five years.
*Individual Results May Vary
Other Treatment Options
In addition to injectable treatments, a non-surgical facelift may include any of the following:
- Chemical Peels – these exfoliating treatments offer different formulation to treat a variety of skin conditions and concerns and provide full skin rejuvenation
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation – this procedure also provides full skin rejuvenation by stimulating the body’s own healing response and the production of collagen
- Medical-Grade Skin Care – home skin care products that allow you to enhance and continue your positive results at home
Like injectable treatments, most of these options provide temporary results. However, the positive results may last longer than injectable treatments, depending on the depth of the procedure performed. Deeper treatments may produce results that last a number of years, but they also involve a recovery period after the procedure.