Kybella Gives You a Chiseled Chin Without Surgery!
Do you live an active and healthy lifestyle and are frustrated with some stubborn areas on your body? You are not alone. For many men and women alike, no matter how much you try to lose weight and tone your body, there are some areas, like underneath your chin, that are difficult to slim down. Having a double chin is likely to make you look older and heavier, no matter what your age or weight is.
Until recently, invasive surgery with anesthesia was the best option for anyone looking to achieve a sharper, more chiseled chin. That has now changed thanks to a new game-changing injectable solution called Kybella. The first FDA-approved injectable substance to treat fat, Kybella is specially designed to dissolve stubborn under-the-chin fat.
Dr. David Mashhadian of Rodeo Surgical Art in Beverly Hills is one of the first cosmetic surgeons in Los Angeles to perform this groundbreaking procedure. Interested? Find out more about Kybella below.
What is Kybella?
Kybella is the first and only non-invasive FDA-approved injectable treatment used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
How Does Kybella Work?
The main ingredient in Kybella is a substance naturally found in our bodies, deoxycholic acid. The deoxycholic acid helps break up fat cell walls so that they can dissolve and get absorbed into the body.
Kybella is responsible for the destruction of fat cells. Once injected into the fat beneath your chin, those cells are destroyed and can no longer store or accumulate fat.
- Kybella Treatment Process
- For best results, patients should commit to about two to six treatments, spaced a month apart.
- Depending on the patient, you can expect anywhere from 12 to 20 little injections per visit.
- Although it is not necessary, pain relief medication may be administered before your procedure.
- Using a special grid, Dr. Mashhadian will carefully draw the boundaries for the injections on your skin.
- He will then use the temporary grid marked on your chin as a guide and give you the injections.
- Treatment is quick; you should be in and out within an hour.
How Long Will Results Last?
Kybella results last for years, so you don’t have to keep worrying about touch-ups.
When Will I See Results?
- Results are noticeable within four to six weeks.
- Most patients see noticeable results after two to three treatment sessions.
- The amount of fat that needs to be eradicated will determine the number of treatments required to achieve desired results.
Is There Any Downtime?
Kybella recovery is usually quick and uneventful.
- Some patients report minor bruising and swelling that resolves within several days.
- Mild discomfort may be experienced at the injection sites but is easily treated with over the counter pain relievers.
- Some patients prefer to lay low for a couple of days while other patients jump right back into their routine quickly after the procedure.
Who is a Good Candidate for Kybella?
Only you and your doctor can decide if Kybella is right for you. If you have a double chin that is bothering you, ask Dr. Mashhadian about Kybella.
- Almost anyone with a double chin is a good candidate for Kybella.
- The range can be from people with mild submental fat to people who are truly obese.
- The most noticeable improvement was in patients with mild submental fat.
- Must be over 18 years old.
Will I Experience Any Side Effects?
While these usually subside within a few days, the most common side effects of Kybella include:
- Areas of hardness in the treatment area.
Rodeo Surgical Art
At Rodeo Surgical Art in Beverly Hills, cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Mashhadian uses his eye for the beauty of the human form with his surgical skills to provide his cosmetic surgery patients with natural-looking results that will exceed expectations.
Dr. David Mashhadian is fellowship trained in cosmetic surgery, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. His extensive training and continuing education ensure our place at the top of an ever-changing cosmetic industry.