Do you know that many visible signs of aging can be traced back to volume loss? As facial tissues thin out, lines become etched around the nose and mouth, and the cheeks begin to look a little hollow. With today’s medical advancements, there are many options for recapturing your youthful appearance.
Would you like to renew your facial appearance without cosmetic surgery? Or maybe you want to enhance cosmetic surgical results with non-surgical treatments? If so, dermal fillers may be right for you; they can replace lost volume to help smooth wrinkles, plump the lips and restore a more youthful appearance.
Our cosmetic facility, Rodeo Surgical Art in Beverly Hills led by Dr. David Mashhadian can give you the look you want without the time it takes for cosmetic surgery and recovery. With advanced materials and new techniques being developed each year, our Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area patients benefit from the many options available for dermal fillers. If you are interested in injectable filler treatments, continue reading below.
What are Injectable Dermal Fillers?
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. Our facial muscles have to work closer to the skin’s surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.
Dermal fillers are minimally invasive gel-like, volumizing substances that are injected beneath the skin to:
- Restore lost volume.
- Enhance facial contours.
- Smooth deep creases.
Over the last few years, more than 1 million men and women annually have chosen this popular facial rejuvenation treatment, which can be a cost-effective way to look younger and refreshed without surgery or downtime.
How Can Dermal Fillers Enhance My Facial Appearance?
Dermal fillers can be very helpful for those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery. Here are some common issues dermal fillers can help address:
- Smooth out lines around the nose and mouth (marionette lines, smile lines and jowls).
- Enhance and restore volume to sunken cheeks.
- Diminish vertical lip lines.
- Plump and enhance lip lines.
- Smooth out a chin crease.
Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
Some of our most popular non-surgical procedures are performed with dermal fillers. If you would like to return youthful plumpness to your skin with dermal fillers, we offer a variety of treatment options to give you just the look you want.
In consultation with Beverly Hills cosmetic specialist Dr. David Mashhadian, you will discuss which skin enhancement and anti aging treatments are right for you. You may benefit from the use of any of the following fillers that we offer:
Consultations available now
Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
Dr. Mashhadian also offers non-surgical facial enhancements with dermal fillers that mimic the results of the more invasive surgical procedures, like nose surgery and eye lifts.
- Non-surgical eyelid lift adds contour to your lower eyelids and reduces the appearance of dark circles, puffiness and bags under the eyes.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty uses dermal fillers to correct asymmetry and smooth appearance of bumps in the bridge of the nose.
- Non-surgical cheek augmentation returns youthful plumpness to your cheeks with the use of dermal fillers.
What Are Fillers Made Of?
There is a variety of FDA-approved filler products that cosmetic surgeons use to achieve an individual patient’s goals. Each is uniquely formulated to have a particular texture, density, and injection depth, which means that certain fillers work better for certain areas of concern.
In general, fillers are categorized by the substance they are made from. At Rodeo Surgical Art you can be confident that you are receiving FDA-approved, brand name fillers, which are only available through a licensed physician, such as a board certified cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Mashhadian.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) – A naturally occurring substance that is already found in your skin. It helps keep skin plump and hydrated. HA is found in fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) – A naturally occurring substance, found primarily in our bones, it is also reported to help stimulate natural collagen production. AN example of CaHA filler is Radiesse.
- Poly-L-lactic Acid – A biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic substance. This filler is considered “semi-permanent,” as the results typically last more than two years, and can help stimulate collagen production.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) – When used in dermal fillers like BellaFill, PMMA contains collagen and takes the form of a “microsphere” or tiny ball, that remains beneath the skin to provide continued support.
Dermal Fillers Recovery
There is no downtime with dermal fillers. You can resume most activities right away.
Your initial appearance after treatment with any dermal filler may include:
- An “over-filled” appearance to treated areas
- Mild swelling or bruising
- Temporary numbness or redness
These conditions can be alleviated with topical icing and will improve within a matter of hours or just a few days.
*Individual Results May Vary
Facial fillers are an easy, safe, and efficient way to combat sagging, aging skin. Injectables can help combat deep wrinkles, fine lines, loss of fullness in the cheeks and lips, and more. But with all the different choices now available, it can be hard to determine which one is best for you.
In consultation with Dr. Mashhadian, you will discuss the size and depth of your wrinkles, how long you want the results to last and any other questions or concerns you may have.