Are You Ready for a Mommy Makeover?
Becoming a mother is one of the most amazing experiences a woman will ever have. However, those nine months of carrying that precious little one can take their toll on your body. For those that decide to reverse some of the pregnancy side effects after the baby is born, a mommy makeover might be the right course of action.
What is a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a customizable procedure that addresses cosmetic concerns a woman may have after pregnancy. For many women, this might include:
- Sagging breasts
- Breasts that have lost volume and fullness
- A midsection that won’t retighten
- Isolated pockets of fat in areas like the waist, hips and thighs
Procedures typically offered during a mommy makeover might include breast augmentation with implants, a breast lift, a tummy tuck and liposuction. Some women also decide to address early aging signs during the mommy makeover, with skin rejuvenation or injectable treatments that erase fine lines, wrinkles and a dull complexion.
What are the benefits?
There are a number of benefits women may enjoy after a mommy makeover:
- A slimmer body contour
- A more youthful body profile
- A refreshed, rejuvenated appearance
- Renewed confidence and a positive self-image
What do I need to know?
Despite the many benefits offered by a mommy makeover, there are also a few considerations before you undergo the procedure:
- Surgical procedures do involve a significant recovery period afterward
- Realistic expectations are essential to a successful procedure
- Insurance will not cover cosmetic procedures like a mommy makeover
Because there are considerations with this procedure, it is important that wait to have this surgery until you are ready. Not every woman will be ready for a mommy makeover at the same time. Some factors to consider are:
- Will you be having more children?
- Are you still breastfeeding?
- Have you returned to a healthy weight?
- Do you have underlying medical conditions that would impact the procedure?
- Are you a smoker?
- Do you have 2-4 weeks to invest in the recovery process?
When the time is right, a mommy makeover is an effective way to restore your pre-pregnancy body and your spirit of youth and vitality. The procedure is a way to pamper yourself after spending so many days and nights investing in your children. If you would like to learn more about this procedure, contact Rodeo Surgical Art at 310-652-4500 to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Mashhadian.