One of the most loving and rewarding life experiences for many women is becoming a mother. Many mothers struggle with getting back their pre-pregnancy body back because pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding all place tremendous strain on a woman’s body. There may be a point where you cannot reach your goals with diet and exercise alone, and that’s where the Mommy Makeover comes in.
The Mommy Makeover is a variety of cosmetic surgical procedures sought after by women seeking to restore their pre-pregnancy bodies. The rising Mommy Makeover trend reflects the fact that increasing numbers of women are realizing that taking the time to care for themselves has a boost for their quality of life. The confidence-boosting effects of a Mommy Makeover procedure can also have a profoundly positive impact on the quality of your social and familial relationships.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Every Mommy Makeover at Rodeo Surgical Art in Beverly Hills is unique to the woman and her needs. Each procedure is personalized, and Mommy Makeovers usually combine a variety of procedures and enhancements that restore or improve the pre-pregnancy body.
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgery at Rodeo Surgical ArtThe Mommy Makeover is not a single procedure; it involves choosing an appropriate combination of breast and body surgeries and rejuvenation procedures that can include breast augmentation, tummy tuck, breast lift, breast reduction, liposuction, arm lift, butt lift and some women like to have skin rejuvenation.
What Area of the Body Does the Mommy Makeover Target?
During a consultation with Dr. David Mashhadian, every woman can choose which areas she would like to target to achieve the results she desires. With a Mommy Makeover, you can reduce or eliminate the appearance of:
- Sagging breasts
- Stretch marks
- Excess fat and skin in and around the abdominal area
- Loose muscles in and around the abdominal area
- Loss of breast volume
- Excess fat around the hips, thighs and back
Who is a Good Candidate for the Mommy Makeover Procedure?
- You must be three to six months post-childbirth.
- Be in good physical and mental health.
- It is best to be done having children and have completely recovered from childbirth.
- A Mommy Makeover is not a weight loss procedure, so it is best to be within a few pounds of ideal weight.
- Patients who are close to their ideal body weight will achieve better results.
- Breast surgery patients must discontinue breastfeeding six months before surgery.
- It is important to have realistic expectations from your Mommy Makeover.
What Procedures Fall Under a Mommy Makeover?
Every woman will choose with Dr. Mashhadian which areas she would like to target and what procedures will help her achieve her goals. Mommy Makeover procedures include:
• Breast lift
• Breast reduction
• Breast augmentation
• Breast revision
• Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
• Arm lift (brachioplasty)
• Body lift or butt lift (post bariatric body shaping)
• Skin rejuvenation
It is important to be open during your consultation with Dr. Mashhadian, it is also important you provide your medical history along with a list of any medications, vitamins and herbal supplements that you may be taking. You will discuss your goals with Dr. Mashhadian and together you will decide whether you would like to have multiple procedures at one time or individual procedures over a period of time.
Preparing for the Mommy Makeover
• Stay hydrated
• Get plenty of rest
• Make sure you have comfortable and easy to put on clothes handy
• Stop smoking at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, nicotine can impair circulation and healing
• Do not drink alcohol or have any medication unless discussed with your surgeon
• Have a good selection of books, shows and movies to enjoy for you and your children
• Shop for all necessary groceries before your surgery.
How Much Recovery Time Will I Need?
It is important that when you are ready for your Mommy Makeover that you are also ready for your recovery. Your recovery time will depend on many things such as your general health, your willingness to follow instructions your mental attitude toward recovery and the type and number of procedures performed. You should expect some bruising, swelling and pain after your procedure.
Typically, it is best to set aside ten to fourteen days from work for your recovery. You will continue to improve over the next several months, and your final results should be visible after about six months to one year.
- It is also important to make sure you have understood all of your post-operation instructions. Being unprepared for your recovery could have negative consequences for your health and body.
- Make sure you have reliable in-house care for several continuous days after your surgery.
- Make sure your caretaker understands your post-operation instructions.
- Have your doctor’s prescriptions ready before your surgery.