Breast Implants Beverly Hills- Breast Enlargement
Plastic Surgery in Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica and Los Angeles, California
Consultation: 30 min
Procedure: 1 1/2 Hours
Recovery: 1 Week
Duration of Results: Permanent
From breast implants and breast enlargement to breast reduction surgery, Beverly Hills breast surgeon David Mashhadian MD, FACS is trained to handle all your breast augmenation needs. Breast Implant procedures offered to our Los Angeles area patients include: breast augmentation mammoplasty, breast lift (mastopexy), and breast reduction.
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Lift – Mastopexy
- Breast Revision
- Saline vs Silicone Breast Implant
- “Gummy Bear” style 410 Breast Implant
Beverly Hills Breast Augmentation for Los Angeles, Santa Monica & Hollywood
Breast augmentation, or breast enlargement, uses saline or silicone, and the newest addition “Gummy Bear” style 410 breast implants to increase the size of the breasts. This procedure is usually performed for women with small breasts, women who have an asymmetry, or women who have lost volume after pregnancy and/or nursing.
The Breast Enhancement Procedure
Breast augmentation surgery generally takes about 1 and 2 hours at our Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgery facility using either a general anesthetic or with sedation. There are four different types of incisions used to perform breast augmentation – Dr. Mashhadian will discuses advantages and disadvantages in your consultation in detail with you:
- Trans-Umbilical (scar-less breast augmentation), incision is made in the belly button (TUBA)
- Trans-axillary, incision is made in the armpit.
- Infra-mammary, incision is made in the natural crease under the breast.
- Peri-areolar, where incision is made around the areola.
- Trans-abdominoplasty (TABA) much like TUBA, implants are place during Tummy Tuck procedure.
Dr. Mashhadian creates a pocket either below the pectoralis major or above the muscle below breast gland tissue. A Saline or Silicone implant is placed into the pocket created.
Placement Position of Your Breast Implant
- Subglandular – implant is placed between the breast tissue and the pectoralis muscle. This is also refereed as the retromammary space. The placement of the implant in this space in patients with thin soft-tissue coverage is more likely to show ripples or wrinkles of the implant. Capsular contracture rates may also be slightly higher.
- Subfascial – implant is placed in the subglandular position, but underneath the fascia of the pectoralis muscle. The fascia is thin tissue covering the muscle. The benefits of this technique are questionable.
- Subpectoral – implant is placed under the pectoralis major muscle after releasing the inferior muscular attachments. This technique may also be refereed as the “dual plane”. As a result, the implant is partially covered by the the pectoralis in the upper region and the the lower half of the implant is in the subglandular plane. This is the most common technique in North America.
- Submuscular – implant is placed below the pectoralis without release of the inferior origin of the muscle. Total muscular coverage is achieved by releasing the lateral chest wall muscles called the serratus. This technique is most commonly used for maximal coverage of implants, typically used in breast reconstruction.
Recovery from Breast Augmentation Surgery
Beverly Hills breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Mashhadian will prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection in addition to any pain medication, and muscle relaxants. Bruising and swelling are common following breast augmentation surgery. Patients are required to wear a surgical bra for support during recovery. Strenuous activity and direct stimulation of the breasts are discouraged for up to 4-6 weeks.
To find out if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation, please call 310-997-4988 today to schedule your consultation with Dr. David Mashhadian.
Be sure to discuss all the alternative surgical options with Dr. Mashhadian to make the best choice for you. You may also request a consultation online, or call our Beverly Hills office to speak to our attentive staff. We will make your experience at Rodeo Surgical Art a delightful one. Our Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon proudly serves Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica Los Angeles, and surrounding California communities.